The District Conservationist for Otsego, Crawford, and Roscommon Counties is:
Gaylord Field Office
810 S. Otsego Ave Gaylord, MI 49735
The NRCS is an agency within the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). In partnership with local Conservation Districts such as the Otsego Conservation Distirct, NRCS is charged with promoting and supporting conservation on private lands.
Besides free technical assistance and a Conservation Plan, NRCS has cost-share programs to help landowners turn conservation plans into action.
Some of the practices available for cost share are:
Forest Management Plan
• Tree Planting for Wildlife Habitat
• Cool and Warm Season Grass Planting
• Brush Management (removing invasive species such as Autumn Olive)
• Seasonal High Tunnel (Hoop House)
• Hay and Pasture Planting
• Prescribed Grazing
• Water System for Cattle Operations
• And Many More!
Working with NRCS is always a voluntary decision on the part of a landowner.